Now that Valentine's has come and gone, I had to give my project some extra thought. My mind has been using so much pink and red that I had to take a step back. I kept looking at the Mood Board inspiration photo until I came up with a plan. So here it is!
I love coffee and tea so I went hunting through the CDD digi stamps. There are lots to choose from but the Need Coffee one jumped out at me. I'd love to have a cup of coffee almost as big as me! I love coffee and is much needed to get me going in the mornings.
I knew that I wanted to use tan, red and white. I got stumped when I needed another color to use with the coffee cup. I wanted the primary color on the cup to be red and the bear to be brown and tan. So I opted to use gray since it tends to be pretty neutral. Some days I really struggle with where the highlights should go when I color the images. Today was one of those days. I colored the bear and the cup in with copic markers. I put down a little sparkle on his eyes and then covered it with glossy accents since they are supposed to be glasses. It always adds a nice little touch. I also did the same thing to the white highlight on the cup.
After all the coloring was done, I fussy cut the whole thing out. I would have just used a rectangle die but my white paper was just a little too small for the die. I went around all of the edges with a black marker. I then cut the white rectangle using a die from the Fancy Frames die set. Now I was beset with another issue. I couldn't find any patterned paper that used a shade of red similar to my cup with a tan! So I just made my own! I recently watched a video on Youtube of someone using their copic markers to make a plaid background. I grabbed the same markers I used to color the images and got busy. I just kept adding lines until I was happy with the way it looked. A pretty neat trick I must say!
I adhered the plaid piece to a white base, then the white rectangle on top. I used a bunch of foam tape on the bear/cup and placed it on top. I colored a scrap piece of white paper with one of the lighter tan copics and stamped my sentiment on top. It comes from the Sky is the Limit set. I cut banner edges and went around it with a red copic. I also popped it up with foam tape and adhered it.
Whew! I hope this has given you a bit of inspiration and I hope you will play along with the Mood Board/Social media challenge!