I'm sharing one last card for Valentine's day. When I saw Get Well Panda in the store I knew I wanted to make a Valentine's card with it. Sounds odd doesn't it?? Not until you actually see the digital stamp. Yes, the bear is holding a bandaid but it's got a nice big heart on it! Put it with the right sentiment and you've changed it from a get well to a Valentine!
I know, she doesn't look much like a panda does she? The nice thing about the digi file is that it doesn't automatically print with the black around the eyes. That gives you the ability to make it a regular bear, a panda bear, a fun colored panda bear and a polar bear! You get the idea. Lots and lots of flexibility that you don't always get with a regular rubber or acrylic stamp.
Once again I let my patterned paper be my guide for picking out my color schemes. I also find that when I do this, I tend to use combinations I wouldn't normally reach for! It's a bonus to be sure. I printed the digi out onto Bristol Smooth cardstock. Picked a small selection of Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, a water brush and got busy. I really do love the watercolored yet controlled look you can get when using them. I had to add a little bit of sparkle with my spectrum noir glitter marker on all the gray areas and the heart.
I used a rectangle die from the Pocket Pieces Hi die set to cut out the bear layer. I freehand cut the mint layer and glued them together. I cut the heart paper out using the largest Crazy Stitched Frames die. I went around the edges of the heart paper with a red marker and then sponged on some gray to give it a little more definition. I glued that down to the gray base. I cut several pink pieces out with one of the banners from the Flag Banner dies set. I sponged around all of their edges with some pink ink. I glued them down at different angles so that they would fit under the bear layer.
The gray tab piece also comes from the Pocket Pieces Hi die set. I stamped the I love you sentiment from Simply Said and sponged with pink around the edges. Holding the bear layer in place, I figured out where the gray tab should be placed. I applied foam tape to the bear layer and adhered it over the banner pieces. To finish it off I used an assortment of pink and silver sequins. I believe they were from the Sprinkled Sugar mix that was a limited release. I'm pretty sure you can find similar colors in some of the other mixes Tara has in the shop.
I hope you like today's project and have a lovely Valentine's day tomorrow!