I'm sure you have learned by now that I'm not afraid to color my critters any color I choose. I know they aren't naturally occuring but I just can't seem to help myself. They practically beg me to color them in whatever zany combination I can come up with. So today's project is no different. I *really* intended to use black and white for this zebra but...well...you know. A super happy, pink and gray Zebra! I don't regret it one bit.
I actually had the current mood board/social media challenge picture up from Craftin Desert Diva's and I really wanted to use these awesome, bright colors.
Aren't they just super fun?? You've even got several days to enter the challenge. Give yourself a treat and take time to color up a stamp or two and enter them in the challenge. Don't forget to use #CDDMONTHLY!
I guess I should get to sharing my card with you, Here it is!
The patterned paper piece on the left is something I created using a really cool stencil and 3 different colors of distress inks. I inked the pink and the orange first. Then I moved the stencil just a little and went over it very lightly with a gray distress ink. I was attempting to give a bit of a shadow. I'm not sure I totally succeeded but I still love it!
I used Copic markers to color in the Zebra Note digital stamp. The sentiment comes from the Tiny Sentiments set and was a perfect fit! I cut a scalloped circle out of watercolor paper using a die from the Stitched in Circles die set. I used the same pink and orange distress inks to add the splatters to the watercolor paper as well as adding in some black. I very lightly sponged around the edges with both the pink and gray distress inks to give it a little pop.The orange circle is also cut it with a die from the Stitched in Circles die set. The orange paper is from the Gingham & Linen Doodlebug paper pad.
I adhered the zebra down with foam tape and layered up the circles. I used a dark gray cardstock for the base. The little pink stripe you can see in the center is also from the Gingham & Linen Doodlebug paper pad. I cut another strip of the gray cardstock and went over it with Wink of Stella to make it sparkle. I then adhered the stenciled paper on top and added the circles. I stood back and took a good look. I decided it was missing something on the right side so I dug through my collection of sequins. I pulled sequins from the Citrus Bliss mix and the Comet mix. It seemed like the perfect finishing touch.
Thank you SO much for stopping by today. I do hope you will go check out the challenge at the Craftin Desert Divas Gallery Facebook page!
Until next time!
Post a Comment