The first thing I did was to cut a piece of Neenah 110lb white cardstock down to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Then I picked out the die I wanted to use for embossing. I adore the Altenew Layered Cover dies so I chose to use Layered Floral Cover die A. I actually played around with my cutting machine until I found just the right sandwich. I was aiming for a lightly embossed look. It only took a couple trys until I found it!
Then I lighlty sprayed the entire panel with a mixture of water and Perfect Pearls to get a shimmering effect. Once it was dry, I cut out the word love with the Mega Love die. I love all of the mega word dies and think I own most of them! I cut the word out three more times out of the 110lb Neenah cardstock. I went ahead and glued the three plain layers together and set it aside.
Next I took my embossed love word and got inky! I used all four ink colors in the Tea Party mini cube set. I applied the ink using some fabulous blending brushes I recently purchased. I started with Pink Pearl on the E then worked my way towards the L, switching colors as I went. Once I got the blend I wanted I squished my Versamark ink pad along the bottom of the word. I then sprinkled silver embossing powder over it, shook off the excess and melted it with my heat tool. Now, this is gorgeous but I wanted to step it up a notch. I squished Versamark over the entire word. Then I sprinkled on clear Ultra Thick Embossing powder and melted it. I felt it needed more so I repeated the steps. Once it cooled down I glued it on top of the other layers I already glued together.
Back to the card panel. I trimmed off just the smallest bit from all four edges of the panel. I then adhered it to a dark grey card base. I laid the love die cuts back into the panel so I could glue in the white filler pieces. Once they were attached, I added glue to the love die cuts and put them back in place.
I felt the card needed a little bit more. I played around with adding the "you" sentiment from Mega Greetings 3 set but I wasn't loving it. So, I pulled out some sparkling clear sequins in assorted sizes and created a sort of waterfall effect on the card. I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out!
Check out all the shimmer and dimension!
And here is a side view so you can see those layered love die cuts.
And just one more photo.
I hope you have enjoyed today's project!